For all users, data table access is first determined by the user's permissions group. Two permission areas govern access to data tables, and each user group can defined with an option for each area:
- The Data Table Contributor permission area governs access to data tables
- View & Edit: Can see the table, download it, and make changes
- View: Can open and download the data table, but cannot make changes
- No Access: Cannot open or download the data table
- The Data Table Manager permission area governs access to the data table design tabs
- View & Edit: Can see the design tab and change the table structure
- View: Can see the design tab but cannot make changes
- No Access: Cannot view the design tab
Additional criteria govern whether partner users have access to particular data tables. (Partner users belong to groups with the "Partner" or "Partner Manager" permission box checked.)
First, to specify partner access for an individual data table, click on the Design tab for that data table. In the Permissions section at the bottom of the page, can click on the dropdown menu to change that table's permissions for partner users.
Finally, additional logic governs which partners have access to which table. These rules govern whether an individual partner has access to a data table:
- The partner user group must have View & Edit or View access
- The specific data table must be defined View & Edit or View access
- There is an activity-type column in the data table AND at least one of these is true:
- Any of the partner's activities are listed in the activity-type column
- The data table is linked to any of the partner's indicators
- The data table is not linked to any indicators
Partners users never have access to data tables without an activity-type column in the design view.
Note: Your site might use a different word for "Activity" such as "Project", "Award", etc.
Didn't answer your question? Please email us at email@example.com.