For an activity to report on an indicator in DevResults, the indicator must be assigned to that activity.
- Assign Indicators to an Activity
- Assign a Set of Indicators to Multiple Activities
- Assign Indicators to Activities using an Excel Template
To assign one or more indicators to an activity:
- Go to the activity's overview tab at Program Info > Activities and select your activity
- Scroll down to the Classification section
- Click on Select indicators
In the popup, select the indicator(s) you'd like to assign to the activity. You can filter the list of indicators by any of the associated info in the left-hand panel, or search by name or code in the search bar at the top. Then click Assign.
If the indicator is not listed in the popup index, see: Define an Indicator.
If you do not see the Select indicators button, your permission group does not allow you to update this information. Please speak with your supervisor.
DevResults also enables assignment of one or more indicators to multiple activities at the same time. To use this feature:
- Go to the activity index at Program Info > Activities
- Select one or more activities
- Click Assign indicators
- Select indicators and click Assign
Additionally, assignments to activities can be made using the same tools from the indicator side:
- From the indicator index at Program Info > Indicators (select indicators, click Assign activities, select activities, click Assign)
- Or at the bottom of an indicator's definition page (click Assign Activities, select activities, click Assign)
Indicators are assigned with their default reporting cycle (defined on the indicator's definition page), but each indicator's reporting cycle can be edited for an activity.
DevResults also offers an import tool to assign indicators to activities using an Excel template.
To import indicator assignments for multiple activities in one template, go to the Tools > Bulk Imports page. In the Activity Indicator Mappings section, download a blank template.
Here's an example of a template for activity indicator mappings. It shows three activities being assigned to a few indicators each, with built-in dropdowns for the activities and indicators in the site.
Each Activity-Indicator assignment must have a reporting cycle (to define whether the activity should report the indicator quarterly, annually, etc.) You can choose the Indicator's default reporting cycle, which uses the default reporting cycle defined on the indicator definition page, or you can choose a different reporting cycle in the dropdown.
For example, you might have a scenario where most activities report an indicator quarterly, so that's set as the indicator's default, but a particular activity might need to report it annually instead. This can be defined here.
Use the Import Activity Indicator Mappings button to import the template.
Didn't answer your question? Please email us at email@example.com.